The ETERNUS DX is a family of storage systems that utilize common software and provide block storage and, with some models, file access. The current hardware models are designated by a generation number, with S5 being the latest generation. There are a number of different models in the DX family as listed:
• DX8900 S4 – 2 to 24 controllers, block access
• DX8700 S3 – 2 to 8 controllers, block access
• DX900 S5 – 2 to 4 controllers, block access
• DX600 S5 – dual controllers, block and file access
• DX500 S5 – dual controllers, block and file access
• DX200 S5 – dual controllers, block and file access
• DX100 S5– dual controllers, block and file access
• DX60 S5 – dual controllers, block access
The Fujitsu ETERNUS DX family of storage systems are designed for enterprise and distributed environments requiring high reliability, availability and serviceability features. The family of ETERNUS DX systems varies in scale of the number of controllers, capacity, and interfaces.
The ETERNUS systems support connectivity via FC, iSCSI, SAS, or FCoE for block mode and Ethernet for file access. The systems vary in the size of the enclosure for the base unit with additional 2U expansion trays for 2.5” or 3.5” devices and a high-density 4U enclosure.
Fujitsu ETERNUS DX Systems Product Brief Includes:
EvaluScale Product Review Methodology
Evaluator Group Commentary
Download the full Product Brief now!