The Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform high end systems, the G1500 hybrid system and F1500 all flash system continues the evolution of Hitachi’s virtualized storage architecture with a new generation of purpose-built, Intel-based hardware and new advanced features along with a directional change to make the embedded Storage Virtualized Operating System (SVOS) the singular code stream for Hitachi storage. The VSP G1500 and F1500 builds on the high-end, highly reliable systems before it – the VSP and the earlier USP. Advances in the technology have increased performance, expanded usability with active-active stretched clusters, extended storage virtualization with Virtual Storage Machines (VSMs), and added non-disruptive scale out capabilities to extend the life of the system.
The seamless continuation of the Hitachi VSP G1500 and F1500 will allow customers familiar with the earlier systems to expand on their value derived from the system with the new capabilities and performance. Environments where the Hitachi VSP are used can be expanded with the new capabilities and simplified operations. The VSP G1500 supports both block and file access with file support coming with the high performance HNAS included with the G1500 (as an option). The HNAS supports up to eight nodes in a cluster. The VSP F1500 is offered for block access only.
Highlights of the VSP G1500 and F1500 include:
- Purpose-built controllers using standard Intel components and no ASICs
- Embedded software SVOS – Storage Virtualized Operating System
- Command Suite software – system management & SRM
- Block and file support with HNAS under the covers (G model only) – up to 8 HNAS nodes in cluster
- Virtualizes up to 200 external storage systems
- Up to 255 PB external storage support
- Thin provisioning for external volumes, fat-to-thin conversion
- Real-time tiering to optimize cache usage for performance
- Flash Module Devices – 7 and 14 TB with inline hardware compression and optional encryption supporting internal or external KMIP keys
- Compression and deduplication in software for all devices (when not used on FMDs)
- Automated Dynamic Tiering for G-model
- FMDs, SSDs, SAS, and NL-SAS devices
Download the full Product Brief now!