The HPE XP7 is an OEM of the Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform (VSP) G1500. The XP7 builds on the high-end, highly reliable systems before it; the P9500 and the earlier XP models. Advances in the technology have increased performance, expanded usability with active-active stretched clusters, extended storage virtualization with Virtual Arrays, and added non-disruptive scale out capabilities to extend the life of the system.
The seamless continuation of the HPE XP7 will allow customers familiar with the earlier systems to expand on their value derived from the system with the new capabilities and performance. Environments where the HPE XP7 are used can be expanded with the new capabilities and simplified operations.
Highlights of the XP7 include:
- Continuation of XP and P9500 hardware design
- Embedded software SVOS – Storage Virtualized Operating System
- Virtualizes up to 200 external storage systems
- Up to 247 PB external storage support
- Thin provisioning for external volumes, fat-to-thin conversion
- Flash Module Devices – 7 and 14 TB with inline hardware compression
- Compression and deduplication in software for all devices
- Automated Dynamic Tiering
- FMDs, SSDs, SAS, and NL-SAS devices
HPE XP7 Product Brief Includes:
EvaluScale Review Methodology
Evaluator Group Opinion
Download the full Product Brief now!