NEC UNIVERGE BLUE is a suite of cloud-delivered managed services, ranging from Unified Communications such a voice, video conferencing and messaging, to data services such as contact center and backup and disaster recovery services. From a data protection standpoint, NEC UNIVERGE BLUE offers backup and recovery-as-a-service (UNIVERGE BLUE BACKUP) and disaster recovery-as-a-service (UNIVERGE BLUE RECOVER).
- NEC UNIVERGE BLUE managed data protection services leverage Commvault data protection software, and NEC hardware infrastructure (HYDRAstor® systems often serve as the storage target). Both Commvault and NEC HYDRAstor are covered in depth in Evaluator Group’s Data Protection Software and Systems coverage, respectively.
- Rather than being one-size-fits-all, supporting infrastructure, including servers required to run the backup software and target storage systems, is configured per customers’ specific requirements. The infrastructure is hosted in Iron Mountain data centers, which are geographically dispersed. Notably, NEC leverages Iron Mountain’s data center in western Pennsylvania that is located 220 feet underground. Additional details on Iron Mountain’s security and data escrow services offered under UNIVERGE BLUE BACKUP & RECOVER are included in the “Security and Compliance” and “Data Management” section of this document.
- Note: This document focuses on NEC’s Commvault-based managed backup service. NEC also offers managed services leveraging Veeam Cloud Connect, which have additional hosting options.
NEC UNIVERGE BLUE BACKUP & RECOVER Product Brief Includes:
- Acquisition Model and Availability
- EvaluScale Product Review Methodology
- Evaluator Group Opinion
Download the full Product Brief now!